Bugatti is suspending production of its hyper sports cars in Molsheim from today, March 20th, 2020. The various necessary regulations implemented by European governments to combat the COVID-19 pandemic make it impossible, amongst other things, to maintain the supply chain of production and spare parts.
Generally staying at home whenever possible
- Thoroughly washing your hands
- Keeping to the guidelines on coughing and sneezing
- Refraining from shaking hands
- Touching your face as little as possible
- Keeping your distance from persons that are visibly suffering from respiratory illnesses
- Generally staying at home whenever possible
Stephan Winkelmann would like to thank all Bugatti employees who have been developing, producing or selling extraordinary vehicles over the past weeks and months with commitment and passion despite the coronavirus crisis. He would particularly like to thank medical support staff who have been exceptional, true heroes in all regions, particularly in France’s Grand Est region.
“Over the coming days and weeks we will continue to keep a close eye on the situation in France, Germany and throughout the world to be able to quickly react to any changes. As soon as the situation permits, all employees will return to their usual workplaces. Until then, I hope that all staff members and Bugatti enthusiasts stay healthy,” concludes Stephan Winkelmann.